BUST's Girl Wide Web

Tuesday 24 March 2009

Sock Knitting: Part 2 (and Craft Off)

This time I learned how to turn the heel. I've learned the short row shaping method and it's pretty fun! It looks properly 3D now. Here's the back of it (you can kind of make out the sock shape):

Here's my picot edge, I'm particularly proud of that!


Unfortunately, the first thing I had to do on my own after the class was to pick up stitches from the side and I think I picked up the wrong part of the stitch, thus resulting in a ladder effect. I think I've worked out what the problem was, but if anyone has any advice on this (or any other aspect of my sock) then please shout up!

Laddered bit:



In other crafty news, a couple of friends and I went to an event at the Malt Cross in Nottingham to celebrate the launch of the Spinsters Emporium website. The event was a "Craft Off" with the theme being cheese. We created a pastiche of the "Now That's What I Call Music" albums with some cheese puns on existing song titles as the tracks. Here's the cover (we also made a vinyl record to go inside, out of cardboard).

Sadly, we didn't even get a mention for our beautiful work!

No comments: